Farty's Fortunes

Saturday 12 July 2008

Hitting A Bum Note

Meryl Streep has landed a bummer of a rôle in Mamma Mia the Movie. I bet she wishes that film had gone MIA.



Did you ever have one of those days/weeks/decades? There's bound to be something to perfectly reflect your mood at Despair, Inc. Trust me, someone's put a lot of effort into the search for the ultimate item of pessimistic demotivation. He didn't find it, so he made it and put it up for sale. Don't enjoy!



Speaking of bummers, poor Cristiano Ronaldo complains that he's been sold into slavery by, er, himself when he signed a legally binding five-year contract with Manchester United football club. Shocked children working in Bangalore clothing factories for the princely sum of 16p per hour are said to be clubbing together to help pay the £120,000 per week spoilt bastard's transfer fee.



The global economy seems to be going down the toilet with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae being hit especially hard.


Haha! Dubya said "fanny"! I'm so shallow.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey! I have ABBA's Greatest Hits! Ppppppfth!!! I'm with Angela-la-la (and Meryl). ABBA music works well in movies - look at those classics Muriel's Wedding and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

I was careful not to call my 'bum bag' a 'fanny pack' while my relatives from England were visiting...

Mr Farty said...

Laurie - I have Abba's Greatest Hits and I loved Muriel's Wedding. But that doesn't automatically make any film with an Abba soundtrack any good.

So you checked Part 1 of the Merkan-English Dictionary?