Farty's Fortunes

Tuesday 10 June 2008

You Can't Judge A Book

LOTR

...by the blurb. Especially if the copywriter is some halfwit who hasn't even bothered to read the book they're supposed to be promoting. Well do I remember reading a book review that mentioned "the dragon Sauron" as if Sauron were indeed a dragon. In fact a small note in the appendix to The Lord of the Rings says something like "Smaug was the dragon Sauron wanted to use in the War of the Ring", and the reviewer had just snatched a few words at random instead of actually reading the book. Lazy git.

Anyway.

For the more graphically talented among you - and John - can you come up with a completely misleading cover illustration for a popular book? Or film or whatever. Post it in your own blog and leave a comment here to let me know.

Everyone else - any ideas? Drop me a line and I'll see what I can knock together.

Lost In Space

7 comments:

United Studies said...

Haha....I'll have to think about this one.

Sewmouse said...

Sherlock Holmes with his magnifying glass and a multi-colored calendar... "The Hunt for Red October" by Tom Clancy?

Leaky submarine at the bottom of the ocean ... "Watership Down" by Richard Adams?

Brom said...

Great idea, needing some thought. Love the Lost in Space!

Honey said...

how about "the lord of the rings"? we could twist that;
i liked very much lost in space.

Mr Farty said...

Jacki - Take your time, I've got a few ideas of my own.

Sew - That's brilliant!

Brom - Aw, fanx.

Honey - You have another twist on LOTR? Do tell!

Sewmouse said...

Suitcase full of money that has broken open in a tornado...

"Gone With the Wind"

Mr Farty said...

Sew - I had another idea entirely for Gone With The Wind!