Farty's Fortunes

Monday 5 March 2007

Something Bad in Blogland

Oh dear.

I took up McAfee on their security upgrade at the weekend and now I can't read my own blog. Or any based at blogspot.com.

Others, like Andre, Hot Coffee Girl and Mr Angry appear to be immune, thank goodness. Dunno what I'd do if I couldn't get my Angry fix. Turn green?

And my email seems to be up the spout too, so even if Virgin had an obvious email address that I could report this to, I'd have no way of knowing they'd heard from me.

Of course it might not be a security problem.

It might have nothing to do with Virgin.

Sunspots?

It's Virgin. There's a reported problem with Telewest/NTL/Virgin and blogspot.com, which was allegedly fixed at the weekend, but some users, including me, still get "IE cannot display the webpage" for anything.blogspot.com, except of course for http://blogspot.com, which redirects me to my own dashboard. Keep posting comments, I still get them emailed to me. Not sure now which part of email isn't working...sigh...

5 comments:

Pat said...

'If it aint broke...'

SpanishGoth said...

Well, one assume that if you couldn't 'vent' then you would by definition, explode (sort of like a slimmer Mr Creosote...)

Mr Farty said...

Ohhhhhh God that's better!

No, it's not fixed but those lovely lovely lovely people at Blogger have supplied a workaround. And have given Telewest/BlueYonder/NTL/Virgin a good kicking into the bargain.

Beardie Branson really knows how to lose customers.

The twat.

Timbo said...

I say switch to Firefox. And I can't slag off Virgin/NTL, never mind how poo this whole Sky argument thing is.

I used to work for them don't you know?

Mr Farty said...

Timbo - Thanks for the hint, but "it is a problem regardless if you are using safari or firefox or IE - clearing cache etc is waste of time." Meh.